Rebates & Incentives
We want you to enjoy the efficiency and comfort of our exceptional energy with incentives to help you upgrade your fuel oil or electric heating appliances to Propane. Below is a list of current incentives available to Osterman Propane customers.
- $300 customer credit for conversion of electric or oil fired hot water heaters to propane.
- $200 customer credit for conversion of electric heating system or oil fired boiler or furnace to propane.
- $300 customer credit towards the removal of your old oil tank when converting central heating appliance to propane.
- Certain restrictions apply. Rebate amounts applied as a customer credit only. Equipment purchased or installed by others than Osterman Propane requires proof of purchase. Oil tank credit requires 5 year supply agreement and proof of disposal from a licensed vendor. Rebates must be requested within 60 days of installation. Osterman Propane reserves right to reverse or withdraw credits due to changes in eligibility.
The Propane Gas Association of New England has rebates available toward the safe installation of new propane hot water and heating systems when switching from oil or electricity. Contact Osterman Propane for your eligibility into the program.
- $250 towards the installation of a propane fueled hot water heater
- Additional $250 for the installation of a propane fueled heating system
- Subject to rules and availability of PGANE funding
The Massachusetts MassSave program is available to customers of participating electric utilities for high efficiency heating and hot water upgrades using Propane. Contact MassSave first to enroll in the program to qualify for rebates and financing.
- MassSave program offers 0% and low interest financing for qualifying energy efficiency improvements.
- $1000 Boiler with an AFUE>90%
- $500 Furnace with an AFUE>95%
- $1000 Boiler and combination Hot Water Heater AFUE>90%
- $100 Weather response control (built in or separate)
- $400 Indirect Hot Water Heater
- $500 Tankless Hot Water Heater
Take the savings with a sales tax exemption on high efficiency Propane appliances. The exemption applies to sales made by Connecticut retailers for the following qualifying Propane equipment:
- Water heaters
- Boilers that are not less than 84% efficient based on the annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) rating
- Propane furnaces that meet the federal Energy Star standard
- CL&P and UI electricity customers can take advantage of 2.99% financing on select energy improvements
Do you have electric service from National Grid? Do you heat your home with oil or propane? You may qualify for a mail-in rebate for installing high-efficiency oil or propane heating equipment.
- $400 rebate for a Forced Hot Air Furnace with an Electronic Commutated Motor (ECM) and 92%+ Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating
- $200 rebate for a Forced Hot Air Furnace with an Electronic Commutated Motor (ECM) and 85%+ Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating
- $200 rebate for a Forced Hot Water Boiler with 85%+ Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating
- $200 rebate for a Steam Boiler with 82%+ Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating
This program provides mail-in rebates for the purchase and installation of high efficiency ENERGY STAR residential heating & water heating equipment when replacing existing equipment. Rebates are available to customers of participating New Hampshire utilities while funding is available.