Many customers are converting from fuel oil to propane because it is a highly efficient, environmentally friendly, and domestically available fuel. Take a look at some of the credits, rebates and incentives available towards converting from other fuels to propane.
- No more oil tank - If your heating system is 15, 20 or more years old, how old is the oil tank in your basement? Getting rid of this tank eliminates associated odors and the risk of leaks and frees up valuable space in your home.
- High Efficiency - Some appliances are now up to 96% efficient, meaning more value for your dollar and less energy wasted up the chimney
- Versatility - In addition to heating, you can also use propane for fireplaces, cooking, clothes dryers, emergency power generators and even a connection for your backyard grill.
- Cost Effective - When you factor in the cost of propane into your overall energy spend, you will see savings in reduced maintenance, lower electric bills (when switching electric appliances) and volume pricing on propane.
What are the savings?
- Heating Cost - Use our handy oil to propane (gas) conversion calculator to estimate the energy savings of an oil to gas conversion. A simple rule of thumb is that a properly sized, high-efficiency Propane heating system will use the same amount of oil gallons as the old system. This includes heat and hot water.
- Partial Use Savings - Per gallon prices for low volume or partial use applications are significantly higher than the central heating rate. By using propane for central heat, you also lower your cost to operate your stove, clothes dryer, fireplace, generator and any other propane appliances in your home.
- Savings vs. Electricity - There are significant savings using Propane vs. Electricity, plus you gain the convenience and efficiency of gas.
- Maintenance & Other Costs - Fuel oil systems require annual cleaning and maintenance, which can be costly. In addition, some states have new rules regarding the maintenance and installation of fuel oil tanks which may now require replacement or retrofit.